Tuesday 16 September 2014

Product Review : Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation


Finally a new blog post! I've been so busy this summer but I'll be posting regularly again now that it's September.

Today I have a review on the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, I am a fan of drugstore foundations as I find they do the job just as good (sometimes better) than an expensive one. Not to say that I don't love expensive foundations (I'm partial to the Make Up Forever HD) but for day to day use I prefer drugstore. I have used the Revlon Colorstay for Normal/Oily Skin for quite some time, and it's my absolute favourite, but when I ran out, I thought I would give something new a try. I have been a devotee of the Wake Me Up Concealer since it came out, and I assumed I would love the foundation as well.


I am so disappointed in this, because I expected it to be the same formulation as the concealer, but in a foundation form, given that they have the same name. There are lots of things I don't like about this product so I'm just going to put them in a handy little list below.

- The scent. This is so strongly perfumed and it really bothers me! It's like a floral scent, but it's so tacky. I don't mind when foundations are scented, but this one lasts so long I can still smell it hours later and I just really hate the smell.

- The staying power. I prime using the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer, and I have to powder using a powder foundation over this. If I just use translucent powder I am so shiny and this goes so patchy. It doesn't stay, it slips around after 2-3 hours and it looks gross.

- The finish. I would really not recommend purchasing this product if you have anything other than dry skin. It literally has glitter in it. If you don't like looking dewy to the point of greasy then stay away from this foundation. It is not even that you get shinier throughout the day (which does happen if you don't blot excessively) but that you look shiny the second you put it on. To me this foundation is not dewy, it is shiny which is not a look I am personally going for.

Now after all the negativity (Sorry Rimmel, I still love you) I do have a few positives!

- The coverage. The coverage on this foundation is great. A little goes a long way, and you get a fantastic medium coverage with one layer,and it is easily buildable to a full coverage with an extra layer.

- The packaging. Not many drugstore foundations come with a pump and I get so annoyed when I accidentally pour a ton of product all over everything because it is just an open top. This has a pump that works beautifully and doesn't get clogged while distributing the right amount of product.


So after all of that, I will not be repurchasing this foundation. It could definitely work for someone with drier skin or who prefers an extremely dewy look.

Does anyone have an recommendations for foundations for super oily skin? Or am I just sticking to my Colorstay?


xx




No comments:

Post a Comment