Thursday 10 July 2014

New MAC Lipsticks

I am so excited about these, because believe it or not, I have never owned a MAC lipstick before this. I'm always so intimidated when I go in the store, so I just tend to avoid it. As a YouTube junkie and avid blog reader, I always see beauty gurus rocking the most gorgeous shades, and they are usually MAC.

So as fate would have it, my lovely best friend gave me a gift card for my birthday, and being unable to spend the money anywhere but MAC forced me to suck it up and head on in.

I went to the location in my local mall and was pleasantly surprised. The girl helping me was wonderful, she listened to what I wanted and was completely honest with me about what she thought worked and what didn't. I was looking for a really good nude, as I've had quite the difficult time finding one that suits my skintone, and after going through a few swatches we found the perfect one.



 


We ended up deciding on Jubilee, which is a Lustre. Let me tell you, I am devoted to matte lipsticks but this formulation is so beautiful. It is so easy to wear, as I can literally just put it on with no liner and occasionally, with no mirror :) This shade is truly a "my lips but better" because I naturally have quite pink lips and the brown in this color neutralizes the pink very nicely.






After I had found Jubilee, I decided that I needed a new bright color for summer (the term needed being used very loosely, I have quite the collection of lip products) so the lovely girl there pointed out that they had a few of the limited edition Osbourne collection lipsticks left, and she grabbed one of the Kelly ones that she thought I would like.

She was spot on. I love this color so much. The pigmentation is absolutely insane, and it's basically a neon blue toned pink. It's called Kelly Yum Yum and it is a satin finish. While I have a ton of bright pink lipsticks, this one really stands out among the bunch. It adds such a nice touch to my all black outfits and I love that it makes my teeth look quite white!




Packaging (I love the Kelly one)






Swatches 
top- Jubilee
bottom- Kelly Yum Yum

to be completely honest, the swatches don't do either justice, so you should definitely head to your nearest MAC and give them a try!

xx



1 comment:

  1. I bought Candy Yum Yum a few months ago and I really wish I didn't because I love how the Kelly one looks! Can't believe these are your first MAC ones. You'll now be addicted ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete